Kids in Kathmandu Nepal (KIKN) is committed to fundraising in an honest and transparent way. We rely completely on the generosity of our supporters to fund everything we do.
Our commitment to you
As a supporter of KIKN you are at the heart of everything we do, and we believe that donating to us should be a positive and rewarding experience.
Below we outline the promises we make to our supporters.
We have high standards
- Adheres to the Code of Fundraising Practice
- complies with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising
- displays the Fundraising Regulator badge on fundraising materials to show we are committed to good practice.
We are clear, honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- we do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive
- we are clear about who we are and what we do
- we give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation
- we are able to explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause, if challenged
- we ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible
- we provide clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We are respectful
- We respect your rights and privacy. Your data is safe with us. We take our obligations very seriously and we will never sell your data to third party organisations
- we do not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise
- if you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We are fair and reasonable
- Treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs
- take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety
- take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We are accountable and responsible
- we will always provide easy ways for you to contact us
- if you are unhappy with anything we’ve done, you can contact to make us aware of a concern or a complaint using our complaints policy. If we make a mistake, we will apologise and do everything to put things right. However, if we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication
- we monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.
If you have any questions please contact us via email@example.com, or call +44(0)20 8658 0133 and we will be happy to help.
Prepared by: Stephen Smith